Customer Privacy Statement
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
AMBIENT HOME LENDING, is committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers' personal information and ensuring the accuracy of such information. We collect and maintain information about you to enable us to complete your loan transaction, conduct our business in a manner consistent with federal and state laws and regulations, provide you with information and offers on products to meet your future needs, and satisfy legal requirements. We will give you a new Customer Privacy Statement whenever we change our privacy policies or practices.
This Customer Privacy Statement describes and explains how:
- Ambient Home Lending collect and use your personal information;
- Ambient Home Lending maintains the confidentiality and accuracy of such information;
- You can limit the communication of your non-public personal information by Ambient Home Lending; and
- You can verify the accuracy of information regarding your transaction.
This policy principally governs Ambient Home Lending's use of non-public personal customer information. Non-public personal information is defined in applicable law and generally means financial information that is identified with you that is not obtainable from a public source. For example, your credit information is non-public information. In contrast, the fact that you have a mortgage loan with us or another lender is public information because your deed of trust or mortgage is available from public government records. Non-public information includes any list, description, or other grouping of customers that is created using non-public information (whether or not the list also includes public information). For example, a list of mortgage customers that includes current loan balances would be non-public. Non-public information does not include any list, description, or grouping that is created using only public information.
1. How We Obtain Personal Customer Information. In conducting our business, we collect and maintain various types of information about our customers. If we are unable to obtain such information from you, we may be prevented from providing you with a service and/or may be compelled to terminate a service that we are currently providing you. The types of information we collect and maintain include:
- Information that we receive directly from you in applications and other forms that you deliver to us, and from our communications with you. This may include information such as your address, telephone number, account numbers, Social Security numbers, assets, income, debt, etc.
- Information we compile from your transactions or experiences with our affiliate, Ambient Home Lending. This may include information such as your account balances, payment history, etc.
- Information we receive from other sources regarding your employment, credit or other relationship with them or verifying information you have given us. This may include information such as your employment history, loan and/or credit card payment history, loan or credit card balances, your property insurance coverage, appraisals of your residence, etc.
- Information we receive from credit bureaus regarding your credit history and creditworthiness (such as the amount of your total debt, your payment history, etc.).
- Information we obtain from public sources. This may include information contained in federal, state and local records such as recorded liens on your property, real estate taxes and assessments, tax liens, etc.
- In addition, we may assemble demographic or other information about you which is not assembled for the purpose of determining your eligibility for credit, insurance, employment, or any other product or service you request.
- Also, when you visit any of our websites, we may collect information to measure the use of our site and to assist us in improving the content of our site; however, we do not collect information about visitors to our websites unless you voluntarily choose to provide it. A "cookie" is a small marker that is left on your computer which can only be read by us and helps us better service your account the next time you visit our website. A "cookie" allows Ambient Home Lending to know that a visit has occurred within our site, and the pages that were viewed. Ambient Home Lending does not retain any of these cookies or store any cookies on your hard drive. Cookies are commonly used on websites and do not harm you computer. You can decide if and how your computer will accept a cookie by configuring your preferences or options in your browser.
2. How We Use Your Personal Information. We use your personal information only for legitimate business purposes in a manner consistent with lending practices in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We do not sell customer information (described above) to non-affiliated third parties for marketing purposes. The following summarizes the principal ways in which Ambient Home Lending uses such information.
a. Within Ambient Home Lending And Its Affiliated Companies. Within Ambient Home Lending and its affiliated companies, we use your non-public personal information to:
i. Conduct our Business in a Safe and Sound Manner. For example, we use information gathered in loan applications to ensure that we underwrite or broker loans in a prudent manner consistent with federal and state lending regulations.
ii. Satisfy Legal Requirements.
b. With Unaffiliated Third Parties. Ambient Home Lending and its affiliated companies will sometimes disclose your personal information to companies or entities unaffiliated with Ambient Home Lending. This might occur in the following circumstances:
i. Third Party Services. On a confidential basis, we may disclose your personal information to companies that provide services to Ambient Home Lending, for example, data storage companies.
ii. Lenders, Title Companies, Escrow Companies, etc. On a confidential basis, we may disclose your personal information to lenders, title companies, escrow companies, etc. This information may be necessary to facilitate your loan transaction.
iii. Legal Requirements. We are sometimes required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with subpoenas, court orders, and legal reporting requirements.
iv. Credit Reporting Agencies. We may disclose information relating to our experience with you to credit reporting agencies and similar organizations.
v. Written Consent. We may disclose your personal information with your written consent, including when you give someone power of attorney or other authorization to act on your behalf.
vi. Business Transfers. We may disclose your personal information in connection with a proposed or actual sale or transfer of your loan to another company.
vii. Fraud Prevention. We may disclose your personal information to prevent fraud and unauthorized transactions, to resolve customer disputes, and, as necessary, to Ambient Home Lending's regulators, attorneys, accountants, and auditors.
3. How To Limit Our Use Or Disclosure of Your Personal Information. As discussed above, from time to time, Ambient Home Lending will share your personal information with affiliated and non-affiliated companies. If you would prefer that we not communicate your non-public personal information (other than transaction and experience information, which we are authorized to do under the Fair Credit Reporting Act) among our affiliated companies, or that we not communicate your non-public personal information with non-affiliated parties, you may instruct us not to do so ("Opt Out Request") by: calling us toll-free at (877) 777-9763 & (541) 858-2522, or by sending us a written request addressed to:
Ambient Home Lending
PO Box 4728
Medford, OR 97501
Please allow us about 60 days to process your request, after receipt.
Your request will not apply to: (a) disclosures of information regarding our experience with you, to the extent such disclosures are permitted by law (for example, information about your payment history disclosed to a credit bureau or lender purchasing your loan); (b) disclosures required by law; or (c) any specific disclosures which you consent to in writing. Your Opt Out will remain effective until revoked by you.
5. Accuracy of Customer Information. If you believe that any such information is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will take appropriate action to correct or amend our records. If you wish to review information regarding your loan with us, please contact your mortgage broker or call us toll free at (877) 777-9763 or (541) 858-2522.
Copyright © 2007 Ambient
Home Lending | Terms
4550 W Griffin Crk Rd Medford OR 97501